Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Are you ready?

Are you ready for the National No Housework Day Blog Hop? It all starts tomorrow!! There are 42 bloggers participating in this event! How cool is that? It is all starting over at If It's Groovy www.ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com! You have all weekend to play along so be sure to join us! But before tomorrow gets here, let me tell you what IIG has going on this month as a challenge! We were challenged to scrap a layout using titles from the works of Hans Christian Anderson. Be sure to go over to IIG to see the wonderful works of my fellow Design Team members and what they were able to create! Here is a look at mine . . . This layout was really healing for me. This is a picture of my grandfather. I miss him so much even though it has been 5 years. I wanted to honor him and so I created this lo for my boys. My grandfather, their great-grandfather, passed away about a month before they were born. The journaling includes my thoughts on that, how much he would have loved them and his and my relationship. There is also more journaling underneath (note pull tab) that tells about some of my favorite memories of him. This is probably the most "vintage" I have ever gotten for a layout. I cut the center out of the paper and then cut the corners at an angle. I then sprayed the paper with water and used a heat gun to roll the paper into place. I like how it made a "frame" not only for my picture but also for the embellishments. Items used: Papers, buttons and diecuts were by MME Stella Rose (my great-grandmothers name) collection. Prima bling, ribbon and flowers. Yellowed chipboard buttons are Graphic 45. Title letters are by Studio Calico. Lace paper is Little Yellow Bicycle that is used a stipple brush and distress ink to age.

2 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooooo love love love this!! Loving the colors and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you know that I love this but it is worth saying again I LOVE THIS!!!
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete